Remi

Remi

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October Numbers

Wow...another month has gone by without a post.  Life around here has been a little hetic...to say the least.  Our oldest turned 18 this weekend.  I can't believe it.  Honestly, one of the reasons I have not been posting is because we have been going through some struggles in the last few months with our oldest.  But thankfully, our God is bigger than any struggle or "storm" and we are coming out of some dark times.    God has been right there with us through it all and I have seen so many wonderful people that He has placed in our lives at just the right time.  Without getting into too many details, I've learned that Satan is truly trying to steal our children away and I have also learned that we need to daily put on the armor of God and cry out to Him for their protection...no matter what age.  I am learning what it means to put my full trust in Him.  I am learning to parent with pupose.  It's amazing how each season of life has its own set of challenges.  Thankfully, I have a God who is with me through them all.

We got our numbers email last week from our case worker that we are officially #5 for a girl and #8 for siblings.  But....just found out that two more referrals went out, so that means we might be #3 for a girl and #6 for siblings!!!  We are getting so close!  I am so excited and nervous at the same time.  I remember the same feeling before the birth of our first four children.  So much to do to prepare.  For the longest time, I was sure that God had siblings planned for our family and now I'm beginning to think we might have a little girl join us.  Either way, I am so thankful.  I have not prepared for either, other than move my girls together to clear out a bedroom for our little one.  With our youngest being 12, I no longer have any baby equipment.  No baby bed...nothing other than some favorite toys and books.  I have wanted to wait until we receive our referral as I wasn't sure of the age.  I guess I'll be pretty busy when we finally get a referral.  Although I am excited, I am also finding it hard to rejoice because I know that in our joy, another family is suffering great loss.  I cannot imagine the grief.
Hopefully, I will be able to post sooner than a month from now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn we are sooo close! Wish you lived nearby, I would love some advice on raising teen boys! My oldest is only nine and already having some tween like behavior! (:
    Can't wait to see what God has planned for us in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dawn! Just found your blog from Kelly Jo's! We are an AGCI family officially at #83 on the girl list! So excited to follow your adoption journey! Ya'll are so close!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete