Remi

Remi

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ethiopian Dinner

I've been sitting by my phone for a week now, waiting for my CM to call with our numbers update.  I have a feeling I will miss it as I have to leave the house in just a little while.  But on the bright side, I am almost positive that we are out of the 40's!!!  I really would like to talk to my CM.  I know there are so many more important things that they have to do...such as make referral calls!!  And I'd much rather they do that than give me an update on my number.

 Anyway, I thought I'd write about our first experience with Ethiopian food.  Bill googled a recipe..looking for something that our kids might try and found a recipe for Ethiopian Beef and Peppers.  Our 2nd daughter loves to cook so we headed to the grocery store to get all the ingredients.  I'm not sure about most people, but we did not have many of the spices for this recipe around our house...fresh ginger (which the kids loved smelling and seeing), cardamom, and tumeric (all very strong spices).  We also made Injera (a flat bread).  The meat dish was very interesting.  It ended up having a green paste covering the beef.  I think we will have to try another recipe....everyone ate it with a smile (except for the 17 year old who's going through a wonderful phase when it comes to getting his picture taken).  They were so brave.  Ha! Ha!  They did all like the Injera and the fact that they didn't have to use utensils.  It was fun, but I think I'd like to try an Ethiopian restaurant...maybe when we go to Chicago sometime.



2 comments:

  1. your injera looks pretty good! i have an ET cookbook but i'm holding out trying anything until we eat at a ET restaurant at the end of this month... so i have something to compare to! we haven't gotten our #s call yet either! i literally carried my phone all day today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your injera looks great!! I've been trying to make it for months and it never turns out right! What recipe did you use?? :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete