Remi

Remi

Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Friday!! And The Last Day of Our First Trip

Well, after three days off for our big blizzard, my children are actually excited to go back to school.  They are old enough to realize that every day that school is canceled, an extra day gets tacked on at the end of the year, and they DO NOT want that.  They did get a chance to enjoy the time off and play in the snow!  I love when they are home.



The last day of our trip to Ethiopia was bittersweet.  I cherished the time we were able to spend with R, and I was excited knowing we would get to see our children at home soon.  I had really missed them.  The hard part was knowing the minute I woke up, this would be the day we would have to say goodbye to our sweet R.  When we started on this journey, we were anticipating taking one short trip to go pick up our little girl and bring her home.  But half-way through the process, things changed and now we need to go twice...once for our court date and once for our embassy appointment and to bring her home. We were able to spend a lot of the day at Hannah's Hope.  We spent the day just playing and playing some more...trying to soak in enough of R to last until we could come back to pick her up. It was so hard leaving knowing we hadn't passed court and not having a time frame to focus on.  There are so many changes and unknowns in the adoption process, but God has been through it with us each step and He continues to carry me through.  I am so thankful for His love and protection...I know He is watching over R while we cannot be there and I trust Him.

This all brings me to the fact that while we tried to sleep last night, our second court appointment occurred.  There is no way of knowing if the missing letter made it to court this time, until we get a call from our agency letting us know if we passed or not.  It's in God's hands and I have to trust Him.  Whatever the news today, I will praise Him.  Without Him, none of this would be happening.  I will cling to his words in Jeremiah 29:11;

For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 comment: