Remi

Remi

Friday, February 5, 2010

February Update

Praising God!!! We got our new numbers today! Just got the email I've been hoping for!!
Girl 42
Siblings 16
I know January was a very slow month for referrals, but I needed to see that there was some movement. The last couple of days have been really hard...and I've only been on the list for one month. Some days I seem to do really well and I can rest in the knowledge that God has everything under control. He knows the perfect time for us to meet our child. But the last two days have been hard. Our youngest just asked yesterday, "Mom, when will our baby come home?" Teachable moment....our baby will come home in God's time...the perfect time. We need to trust Him and His will for our lives. Even though we were hoping that our baby would come home this summer, God may have a different plan. I really believe it's still okay that I pray and hope for that to happen, but I also have to trust God's plan and find peace in His perfect will.
We had our 60 day licensing visit from our homestudy agency today. She thought that 8 - 10 months sounded great. Some people are hearing 18 months. Wow, 18 months!!!! She also talked about all the calls she's been getting about people interested in adopting from Haiti and being upset when told that it was not possible at this point. My heart aches for all those children there who are caught in that situation; all the children who need someone to hold them, sing to them, give them a hug, listen to them, ,tuck them into bed, pray with them, comfort them. Praying that God will bring special people into their lives who can provide these simple and yet necessary things; that God's love will surround them and help them to not feel alone or scared.
It's Friday, so praying for lots of referrals next week!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you have new numbers!!! The wait is very hard; but you are so right about God's timing. I think understanding the "waits" are so hard during the journey, but when you see your child/ren for the first time, you'll totally get it. I couldn't imagine my life if the paperwork went any faster or any slower because we wouldn't have Silas. I'll pray for referrals and more kiddos being matched with their families! See you next weekend at the conference. I'm excited about the keynote speaker!! She is all around blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, love the blog! Thought I would introduce myself as we are both in the process of adopting from AGCI and are very close in number!...you can check out our blog at
    www.alreadyloveyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see there was another referral today.....how exciting.

    ReplyDelete