Remi

Remi

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Move That Bus

OK...I'm taking a phrase from ABC's, "Extreme Makeover:Home Edition" when I wrote the title for my post today. I think it's about time that I reveal my "blog". Friends and family (even my own kids) have been asking if I have started a blog yet. I keep saying "no" only because I feel like it needs to be this big spectacular thing and I don't want to disappoint (always the people pleaser), but truth is, I've been working on it for a while...kind of a journal to fill my time waiting. But today I realized that it's time to share our experience in hopes that our family can inspire another. One more child finding their forever family... We are 15 months from having four teenagers under one roof. Some may think, "Wow, it must be getting easier, now that they are so much more independent." Truth is, it's actually harder. I would much rather be potty training...at least I would know exactly where they were and what they were doing every minute. I am so thankful for all the moments we have together.
About our adoption...we got our fingerprint appoinments for USCIS this week. One step closer. I scheduled my 1st Aid and CPR classes. And Friday, we have our 60 day license monitor visit - wow, has it really been 60 days already????

2 comments:

  1. i just read your comment on the listserv! congrats on getting on the wait list! we just mailed our dossier in today... hoping to be a number soon!!!

    ~jenny
    aheritagefromthelord.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for a blog!! I miss the rush of waiting and the unknown. I didn't like it then, but now I realize what a blessing and a great time to focus on the miracle of little boy and dream about him. Cherish this chapter. It can be a difficult wait, but at the same time a great one. I know that sounds so funny, but it is true. I cannot wait to meet your daughter or siblings!! What a small world to be in the same area...let alone subdivision. Our kiddos will have a special bond!

    ReplyDelete